Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Fun at the park




Yesterday was a glorious spring day and we celebrated by meeting my friend Katie at a park down in the Pearl. We had a picnic and walked around downtown between two wonderful parks- Tanner Springs Park and Jamison Park. Jamison Park has a really cool fountain that is perfect for little ones to play in. It slowly fills up, like a zero-entry pool, and then empties so the kids can play in the waterfall part. Dylan had so much fun that he threw a monumental fit when we got in the car to go home. Joy.

We also took a few (really just a few) pictures. I love the one where Dylan is getting ready to go into the water for the first time and has his shorts hiked up like a little girl.

Speaking of little girls. . . Dylan played with a little boy his age that had long hair. He kept calling him "her", so I told him that the kid was a boy. He was so confused. He kept saying "She's a boy."

So much to learn.

Here's a link to Katie's blog post about the same day. She's got some REALLY cute pictures of us!
http://www.ka-photography.com/blog/?p=265

2 comments:

Sid said...

Cute Pictures Rendy! Scarlett is doing so many things and still so small! We need to play sometime!

Merideth Sullivan said...

Those are all adorable pictures! You are so talented. I wish I had a nice camera. I wish we lived closer so you could be my designated photographer! We miss you guys. I also LOVE the ones your friend took. So cute.