Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Perfect Saturday






Today has been the most wonderful day. We lazed around in bed with the kiddos for a while this morning and then had Papa's pancakes (they're like German pancakes). Delish. Then we decided to go to a state park that is about a half an hour away. It has a small crater-made lake and a trail that goes all the way around it. There were leaves covering the path and the lake was crystal clear. The weather was perfect too; not a cloud in the sky. It was absolutely beautiful. I've been wanting to get a good family picture and today just might have been the day.

On our way home we followed signs for "Fresh, hand-pressed Apple Cider" and bought a gallon out of a family's barn. They were out there pressing it when we drove up and it was really neat. One person loaded the press with apples while the other turned the crank and the cider trickled out into bright red buckets. Now that I think of it, I should have taken pictures of that.

5 comments:

Ange~ said...

I like the family pic- the color is really nice. You guys should use that for your Christmas card! I also like the one of you and Dylan.

Heather said...

Rendy,

This isn't Heather. It's Pam. You are taking some really cool pictures. Seriously, you are going to be good at this. You have a good eye. Very creative. :) Pam

Heather said...

Rendy! Oh my gosh. Is this a GAP advertisement or a family picture, I can't tell. CUTE FAMILY. CUTE Pictures. And you're looking really skinny these days!

Rendy Tucker said...

Heather, you're Christmas present will be extra-nice this year!

Jennifer Ames said...

Your family is just too cute! Good job on the pics!