Friday, November 21, 2008

Seattle- My favorite city






As a girl growing up in Clarkston there were only two cities in Washington that mattered: Spokane and Seattle. A trip to Spokane was a big deal because of the shopping and such, but a trip to Seattle was monumental. It was like seeing the real world. I can specifically remember being there in Jr. High and seeing two men holding hands for the first time. It was like, "Oh my gosh, everyone look! There are GAY people here!" My point is that growing up in a small town you hear about things like museums, mohawks, and Starbucks but you wouldn't really know they existed unless you visited a city. For me, that city was Seattle. It was a huge cultural experience for me to visit Pike's Place market (then, and now ;) ) and to walk around downtown. I think it is because of that that I love Seattle. Oh, and the flower markets. :)

1 comment:

Pam said...

That's making my mouth water. :) Dylan does look a little intimidated by the crab. Nice flower shots, too.