My first attempt was Monday. I made a recipe Pam had told me about this summer for a hard roll (like french bread). Mine weren't that great. I've decided I used just a tad to little yeast, though. Then yesterday Dina emailed me the recipe for the bread she brought us. It is an herb bread like a focaccia and she served it with olive oil and balsamic. Yum. So I ran out to the store and bought some fresh rosemary and then hurried back to start it in time to eat it with dinner.
Honestly, I could have skipped the dinner I made and just been happy with the bread. I made my favorite pasta and wanted nothing to do with it because the bread was so delicious! I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing though. . . Anyway, it is my new favorite food. It also makes your house smell amazing when it's cooking. The recipe makes 9 small (salad plate sized) loaves and this morning there are only 3 left. Okay, that's a little embarrassing.
Well, what kind of friend would I be if I went on and on and never shared the recipe, right? Here it is.
Herb Foccia
2 ½ c. water
2 Tbsp. Yeast
2 Tbsp. Sugar
Let sit until foamy
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Minced red onion
*If using fresh herbs use 2 Tbsp. But if using dry use 1 Tbsp.
Add the following herbs:
Basil
Rosemary
Oregano or thyme
Add:
6 cups flour
Knead until smooth. Let rise to double. Punch down and divide into 9 small loaves. Rise until double. Brush tops with olive oil or egg whites. Bake 375 for 20-25 minutes.





4 comments:
These cinnamon rolls are to die for:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Moist-Cinnamon-Rolls/Detail.aspx?src=etaf
I doubled the inside of the roll sauce, but used "can't believe it's not butter" to cut the fat. Added extra cinnamon too.
SO GOOD!
Guess I'm not the only one on the bread making quest.
Good luck!
Sweet. Brad will love this!
Hooray! I absolutely love bread..and this one sounds delicious. One of my favorite snacks is olive oil and balsamic vinger with bread...probably not the healthiest, but it's just so good! We are going to try the recipe tomorrow! Thanks for sharing. :)
Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to try it soon. Yum!!!
Post a Comment