Wondering what the heck I'm talking about? Well, when Brad applied to UW for dental school, he applied for a program within the dental school called RIDE. It stands for Regional Initiatives in Dental Education. The program is a partnership between UW and EWU and is "designed to help meet the oral health needs of rural and underserved communities in the Northwest."
What's the point of all this mumbo jumbo? We're moving to SPOKANE! Surprise to all of you who thought we'd be in Seattle this fall (including us). The first year of the RIDE program takes place in Spokane. Don't worry Suz, the 2nd and 3rd years are in Seattle. :) Then the fourth year is a rotation so who knows what we'll do. Dylan will start kindergarten during Brad's 2nd year, so we have to take that into consideration. Crazy.
So the downside of this is that we'll be moving back and forth across the state for the next 4 years at least. The upside is that we'll be closer to family and we'll get to see if we like the Spokane area because it is a place we've considered setteling down. Also, we have some friends in Spokane that we haven't seen forever, so that will be fun. For those of you who know them- it's Philip and Tara.
Congrats to Brad who has acheived EVERYTHING he set out to do with this whole dental school thing. We are continually amazed at the blessings that have literally flowed in our direction. This experience has taught us the power of faith. We had no idea how it would turn out from the beginning, but we felt like it was the right thing to do and knew that wherever this journey took us- things would work out. That being said, we fully expected to end up in Louisiana or some place equally horrible. We could never have imagined that everything would work out just as we wished. We are so grateful. We have been so blessed. Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement! It has meant so much to us.
How to Prepare for a Fresh48 Session
2 years ago





4 comments:
I have to admit that I'm a little dissapointed! But so happy that Brad is able to do what he wants, and that you'll be close to your family. We'll just have to wait an extra year before we get to see you! :o) Tell Brad Congrats for us!
I just found your blog. Hope you don't mind us peeking at it every now and again. When I saw that you were talking about Spokane, I got really excited. Kevin and I moved to Spokane about 7 months ago. When you guys get over here we should get together. Congratulations Brad!
YAY!! Congrats to you guys! That is great news!
Oh man I was excited you would be so close to us in Seattle. Congratulations though that is awesome!!
Post a Comment