Thursday, October 16, 2008

For if I can. . .

Okay. A few of you said you liked the updates on the kids so I decided I would do another update on Dylan. He's been a real kick in the pants lately. He started talking a little weird, almost biblical sounding. I had to write down one of the sentences he said yesterday just to make sense of it (and because it was funny). Here goes. "I am a big boy and I can't get hurt for if I can hurt myself I can get hurt." Really? Huh. That's all I could say. Actually, that's what I usually say because I usually have no clue what he is talking about. Also, just so you know, "for if I can" is a common phrase of his. Who knows. He's also started contradicting himself frequently in the same sentence. Something like this. . . I'm going to school, but I dont go to school. Again- Really? Huh.

His imagination just keeps getting bigger and bigger and now he often has conversations with pretend people. For example, yesterday he had a 20 minute telephone conversation with a girl named Poxy. I think when she first called he said she had the wrong number but they soon became good friends. I'll be honest, though, at least he wasnt talking to me about his play-doh for 20 minutes.

Last, but not least, he's adding "tricks" to his repertoire on a daily basis. We just got a new couch (not a real new couch, but a "new to us" couch) and he has started climbing up and launching himself onto it in any way he can. It's quite impressive. He must thing so too because all day he kept saying things like "Mom, come watch.", "Hey mom, look at me.", and "Mom, come see my trick."

Oh, to be a three-year-old, right?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Let's see some more videos of this cute little guy in all his glory. :)

Miss you.