Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Move your body!

Scarlett is starting to be able to control her little body which means a couple of things. First, she can reach out to touch my face (with varying accuracy). This also means that she can bring her hand to her own mouth, which is cute because apparently her hands don't taste very good and she often makes a funny "yucky" face. Then, funniest of all, she can kick her legs at will. This is funny because it has become a war of wills between the two of us. At night I swaddle her up so she cant move her arms but her legs dont stay in, so her little toes stick out of her nightgown and the blanket. I dont want her to be cold, so I also cover her up with a little blanket. She, however, thinks that her toes should be free and she will arch her back and kick her legs out over and over again until the blanket is completely off of her, then she stops kicking and goes to sleep. Wash, rinse, repeat. As many times as I cover her up, she will kick off the blankets. It's funny because as soon as her feet are out, she stops kicking. It's like she knows what she wants, and now she's learning how to get it. I have a feeling that she'll really live up to her fiesty little name. Thank goodness! This world needs a few more fiesty girls in it.

No comments: