Thursday, January 22, 2009

Copy. Right?






"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." Albert Einstein

I put up this disclaimer because I want you all to know, that I have an inspiration behind these pictures other than my own creative genius. Well, it's someone else's creative genius actually. I am the secret admirer of a certain wedding photographer who takes pictures like this of guests at the weddings he shoots. They have a very photojournalistic feel and I think they are stunning. So, at my grandfather's funeral this weekend I decided to try my hand at these close-up black and whites. They are of (in order from top down) my dad, Nana, my uncle Les, and my grandma Arlene. It's amazing to me that anyone can get a natural look out of people when shooting like this because the lens is literally in their face.

6 comments:

Ange~ said...

So are you going to tell who this person is that inspired you? I like the idea, although I'm sure it'd piss some people off. Some people get mad at me just for taking their picture at a reception. They give me the stink eye.
And is that the 50mm lens?

Rendy Tucker said...

It's the 35-70mm lens. Not too shabby though. His name is Jonathan Canlas. So good! He's my sister-in-law's friend.

Ange~ said...

Wow, he is EXPENSIVE!!! You must've had it on a really low f-stop because it looks like the 50mm.

Pam said...

I really like the shots you got. I used to be the visiting teacher of this woman who's face had a lot of character. I always thought it would be awesome to photograph her in black and white. These photos capture the kind of thing I had in mind. I love them. They really show who those people are better than the smiley ones.

Rendy Tucker said...

Thanks!

Sariah said...

Wow, I didn't know you were such a talented photographer!