Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Family Picture


Here is the edited version of the family picture. Well, somewhat edited, I may do more to it. Let me know what you think!

5 comments:

Heather said...

very cute. nice work.

Pam said...

What did you do to edit it? Except make it black and white of course?

Ange~ said...

Looks cute- something you may try to give it more contrast is open it up i with camera raw and use the clarity slider. That can do some cool things to b&w's (color too, but more so black and white).
To open with Adobe raw, open Adobe Bridge first and find the picture, right click on it and click on open with "Camera Raw".
The clarity slider is at the bottom of the editing tablet on the right.

Rendy Tucker said...

Ange- I've been wondering how to do that! I read about using the RAW images in a book but I thought it was something I had to change in my camera. Thanks! I'll be doing that from now on because then you don't end up with the missing values in the histogram, right?

Ange~ said...

Well, Raw was created for when you are shooting in raw- try that some time if you haven't- it saves the image almost perfectly so that you can really adjust exposure without messing up the highlights. But Camera Raw (editor) it also works great for a lot of basic editing, as well as editing a bunch of pictures that are taken in the same lighting/white balance all at once (like you are editing just one picture, but it can fix them all at the same time). I always put my pics through raw first and use Photoshop for the fine tuning and levels, etc.