Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Scarlett NO'Hara






I thought it was time for an update.

Her new nickname is Scarlett NO'Hara thanks to a family friend who we saw at my grandpa's funeral this last weekend. I thought it was pretty accurate and hilarious.

This morning she woke me up by practicing her consonants. Baaaaaa. Daaadaaadaaa. You get it. I love this stage of development because (thanks to my Developmental Linguistics class, I know) it is where they learn to make and then practice the sounds that they hear verbalized around them. Right now she has the ability to creat any sound in any lanugage, but she will only work on the ones she hears us speak. For example, if we spoke Spanish, she would learn to roll her r's and if we spoke one of those languages with the clicks in it, she would evenutally start practicing those too. After a certain age, those things are much harder to learn. So cool!

She rolls, and rolls, and rolls. She loves to roll, but hates to get stuck up against something.

She likes her feet. This morning she sucked on her big toe until it was bright red and pruney, like after a bath. For some reason, she plays with her feet most often when she's naked.

She loves Dylan. She will laugh at him all day if plays with her. I try my hardest and pull out all the silly noises I can make and she'd still rather laugh at him playing peek-a-boo.

No comments: