Monday, February 9, 2009

The best french toast ever!

Pecan Rum French Toast

http://www.cooksillustrated.com/recipes/detail.asp?docid=18289

Sorry, Jen but Brad and I have jumped ship on the overnight french toast and declared this one our fave. (The overnight french toast is still very delicious and we will eat our fill at each family vacation, for sure.) We made this one on Sunday morning and couldn't believe how nummy it was. You've just got to try it. FYI-we used rum flavoring seeing as we don't have much liquor around and there is a conversion table on the box to figure out how much flavoring to substitute for the real thing.

Also, I LOVE Cooks Illustrated's website for recipes. I love that they test everything in their test kitchen first and find all the best ways to do things. For example, in the french toast recipe, they have you dry the bread in the oven first so that it isnt soggy. How smart, right? Their recipes also contain very throrough instructions and sometimes there are pictures to show the different steps. You can't go wrong and I love that!

1 comment:

Pam said...

That sounds wonderful! I'll have to try it for sure.