Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Pics






Two posts in one day. I should get an award. Too bad the first one was just rambling.

So this morning I got the kids all dressed up and took some pictures of them, then we went to the mall for Dylan to see Santa. I honestly only got one good picture of Dylan. He kept doing his "cheese" face which involves sticking his chin out, squinting his eyes, and baring his teeth. Scarlett, on the other hand, was looking beautiful. It's usually the other way around. She had very few goofy-faced pictures and lots of pretty ones. She's growing up so fast (sniff).

Then at the mall, Dylan sat on Santa's lap and looked like he was about to cry. Santa's elves were really pushing me to buy their picture (which was taken with my exact camera -Nikon D70- by the way) but Dylan looked like he was being forced to endure some horrible sort of torture so I didn't. He is so shy! Sitting on Santa's lap he hardly say an audible word. And it was a really nice Santa with a real beard, not a creepy Santa. Anyway, I relayed Dylan's Christmas list for him, making sure to include all of the things that he will actually be getting from Santa. Then Dylan piped up with one addition. "Skateboard." That's all he said. Santa looked at me like, "Good luck with that one, Mom."

3 comments:

Al and Ash said...

That makes me miss your kiddos! Dilbert is starting to turn into quite the handsome man. Maybe i'll have to start calling him by his real name. Oh yeah, and I agree with Santa, Good luck with the skateboard...that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

Pam said...

Beautiful pictures of the kids. My mom just said she wished she had some newer pictures and I told her I could show her how to download pictures from your blog. I pulled it up and there were those cute photos. Perfect timing!

Jennifer Ames said...

Dylan's as cute as ever and it's so fun to see Scarlett so big and alert! I'm so glad we've finally touched base! It's been way to long!