Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

Brad got his second dental school acceptance yesterday to UNLV in Las Vegas (duh!). This is much more exciting than Ft. Lauderdale! He really liked the school and Las Vegas is a bit easier to travel to/from the Northwest than Florida. At this point we're just waiting on news from a few more schools, namely UW. Unfortunately, it could be a long wait. I spoke with the admissions lady at UW yesterday and she said that the committee hasn't even met since Brad had his interview. So it could be February or later before we know what decision they've made. They take their sweet time with the whole process because they don't have any trouble finding people that want to go to school there! So for now, we'll be excited about UNLV and happy that this journey is still moving forward.

In other news, Scarlett is devoting a lot of time to practicing her "happy scream". I'll try to get it on video tonight. It is so funny. Imagine- big mouth wide open, gurgling scream erupting from deep within followed by the biggest smile ever.

5 comments:

Ange~ said...

I know ALL about the happy scream. Or shriek as Roslynn seems to do. When does classes start for dental school?

Rendy Tucker said...

They start next fall. It is so crazy. I check 3 websites about 10 times a day to see if he's been accepted anywhere else or if anyone else has been accepted to UW. Soon the madness will be over. Hopefully. I just want to be able to start looking for living arrangements wherever we're going to end up. Depending on where we go, we might try to buy a house!

Ange~ said...

So are you guys on a lease where you are at, or renting month to month?
By the way, I have a couple really easy sewing projects up my sleeve- you'll see them on the blog probably next week. One's for the camera.
And I sewed a baby sling like you did, but that's not the project I'm talking about.
I know, the anticipation is building right? Okay, maybe not...:)

Rendy Tucker said...

It's funny you mention sewing because I'm sewing a bunch of things for Christmas. I'm making a couple dresses for Scarlett that she can wear as tank tops when she's bigger and a teddy bear for her. I'm obsessed with this fabric designer- you should check her out. Maybe I mentioned her when I was at your house. . . Her name is Amy Butler. I also really like Heather Ross. They both have free patterns online every once-in-a-while. And of course, beautiful, bright prints. Oh, and we're on a 9 month lease.

Ange~ said...

So if you find patterns online, can you send them my way? Okay, so these fabric designers, do you buy the fabric online or what? Because I'm already bored by what Jo-Ann's has. So if you know where I can find fabric for a good price online, let me know!
What kind of dresses are you making Scarlett? I made something that sounds similar for the girls- pillowcase dresses. They are so cute! I'm going to make them a bunch for summer next year. Post pics of these projects you are making, I want to see!