Okay. Long story shortened: I wanted to take a picture of Brad's whole family this Christmas because there are a few new additions since the last picture (actually 3 new grandchildren and two new spouses- which tells you how long it's been!) We had planned on doing it in Sunriver but it didn't work out due to illness (that's another story). After much arranging and rearranging of people's schedules we met yesterday to take a picture by a lovely metal shed near my house, which I soon learned belonged to a crotchety old man who would appreciate being asked if his roadside shed can be used in a photograph. Anyway, conditions were less than ideal: the light was fading fast, it was cold, a few people were less than excited about being photographed, and I still have little more than a clue as to what the heck I'm doing. Thus, the pictures are blurry (I now know why), and out of nearly 200 pictures there isn't a single one that I'm really proud of. Now that's a bad record. I'll repost after I've been able to use my new Photoshop if I'm able to make any improvements, but here are the highlights.
How to Prepare for a Fresh48 Session
2 years ago





5 comments:
All things considered, I think that family picture turned out pretty good. And Marina looks sooo good! It's going to be fun having these pictures. I'd like some of the other shots even if you don't think they're super good.
Rendy, I like how they turned out. They are really cute. Good job!
I'm just glad that project wasn't mine! What a headache. I love the chair you used!
And I bet I can pick out the "less than enthusiastic people". Why were they all blurry, did you accidentally bump over to manual?
That's gotta be tricky doing that big of a group with no one behind the camera.
I think they were blurry because the light was pretty low and I was in aperture mode so the shutter speed was too low and was catching motion. That's my guess anyway. It is so frustrating to me to look back over the pictures and see all of the things that I would have changed. I think if I had been behind the camera for the shoot I could have fixed most of the problems, though. I do love that infared remote though. It makes it a lot easier to be in the picture! No beating the timer.
And I have two of those chairs. My grandma gave them to me and they're getting really nasty from kids and all the moving we do, but I CANT get rid of them. I love their shape. I'm hoping some day to reupholster them. That will be a project!
That's why I always use manual mode. It's trickier to get a hang of, but once you do, you are in complete control.
I have seen some dye that you can basically paint on to upholstery to change the color...you may look into that, especially since that chair is a light color and all one color. Or is the fabric wearing out?
Oh, and I had the timer and LOVED it, but they don't make one for the higher range cameras which I think is absolutely stupid.
Post a Comment