Christmas is coming and I feel completely overwhelmed. Somehow I decided that it would be fun to make a bunch of stuff for Christmas. I must have forgotten that I have a three-year-old and an infant. It's much more clear now. That is, now that my sewing machine has taken up a permanent residence on my kitchen table and the floor is littered with scraps. Beautiful scraps, but nonetheless. Last night I finished a typical "Rendy" project. It goes something like this. I'm to cheap to buy a pattern so I decide to figure it out myself. Therefore, I don't really know how much fabric to buy, I don't quite know where to start/what order to do things in, and I don't know how it will turn out. Sound stressful? Then add the fact that I'm not quite sure if I bought enough fabric (from the fabric store in Portland-not just around the corner). Alas, it worked out and I love the finished product. Let's hope I'm not the only person who does!
I just don't know why I do this to myself though. I still have two dresses to make for Scarlett. No pattern, just a few ideas floatin' around upstairs. We'll see how that turns out.
Thank goodness, we finished all of Dylan's shopping. I did the bulk of it the day before Thanksgiving (and got better deals than Black Friday without being trampled to death) and then sent Brad to Target yesterday to finish it off. I thought Dylan needed a toy picked out by Brad. Boy, was I right. Brad got him the COOLEST toy ever. Of course, I can't tell you what it is but there will be tons of pics of this one I'm sure. The best part is, I would have never picked this out because I'm a mommy. I don't think like a boy. It's times like those that I wonder how different kids' lives are when raised by a single parent. That's not the best example, but you get my point.
Wow, long winded today. Sorry!
How to Prepare for a Fresh48 Session
2 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment