Friday, December 12, 2008

Sewing Projects


I've been doing a lot of sewing lately. Unfortunately, all of what I've been doing is for Christmas so I can't show it off. There is one thing I can post because I don't have to worry about ruining any surprises for Scarlett. This is one of two dresses (the other is yet to be started). I'm also hoping to make a bear out of scraps. We'll see. And of course I had to make a matching bow!

3 comments:

Ange~ said...

This looks like a pillowcase dress with cap sleeves attached. Tell me the details!

Rendy Tucker said...

I actually used a pattern I saw on cutoutandkeep for the bodice and made a bunch of changes. I made it longer by a couple of inches. I used elastic at the top instead of using ribbon to gather it up. The little flutter sleeve is just a half circle with elastic sewn to the straight side. I was worried about keeping ribbon tied on a 1 year-old. Has Roslyn kept her dress on?
And then I added a little yoyo with a button to spice it up, too.

Ange~ said...

Actually, the pillow case dress I made has elastic at the top, not the ribbon. I just sewed the ribbon to the top seam. I didn't think it was safe to have ribbon cinching up a dress on a baby. Roslynn does keep her bows on- they are double knotted though. I like the sleeves better, they look more finished and probably holds up better for kids.